I bought a Master Lock Steering Wheel Lock about 6 months ago, filled in the paperwork and sent it in by certified mail as requested to get their warranty in case my car was stolen.A few months later, my car got stolen, first time I've ever had a car stolen.

First, this lock was able to be picked by a standard flat head screw driver. Except for it becoming loose, it would still be "useable." Second, when I went to file the warranty, they claimed the original registration never got to them and therefore not entered into their system. I attempted to show them that I had the receipt for the certified letter and a copy of my original receipt, but the representative basically told me they do not honor the 1000 deductable grantee.

I was a faithful customer, but with this I'm going to be using other brands for my personal and business use.I expect they'll lose more than they gained by this decision over the course of 5-10 years.

Had an Experience with Master Lock?

Comments

I had the exact same experience! Their customer "service" was beyond terrible. They've just hung up on me and the representative basically called me a liar and accused me of not giving her the information she didn't ask for!